How do you make sure you are collaborating effectively with your writing colleagues? Here are 10 laws to guide you:
- All writing in organizations is collaborative.
- Respect thy collaborators as thyself.
- Identify the writing mandate and agree on a process.
- Assess the requirements for the project (even when there’s no time).
- Agree on practices and tools, and track progress.
- When in doubt, check your assumptions.
- Model thy structure and content.
- Collaboration is all about communication and shared goals.
- Editors, translators, and designers are collaborators, too.
- Celebrate, then evaluate.
We look at the reason for each law in individual blog posts.
The image is available on my flickr page.